Coronavirus COVID-19 Face Masks
At Lindare Medical we are making sure that we do our very best to support the general public and health care sectors by providing disposable face masks for coronavirus, which offer protection against COVID-19. Available to purchase directly from our online store, we have already issued a number of disposable face masks to the general public, NHS and private healthcare providers across the UK.
Guidelines for wearing a disposable face mask during the coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak:
While face masks can help reduce the spread of the flu and other respiratory viruses, they only do so if worn correctly and frequently.
Here are some guidelines for mask wearing during the Coronavirus:
- Ensure you wear a face mask within 6 feet proximity of a sick person.
- If you are healthy, ensure you wear a mask if you are taking care of a person with COVID-19.
- Adjust the loops to keep the mask firmly in place over the nose, mouth, and chin. Try not to touch the mask again until you remove it.
- If you have flu like symptoms and need to see a doctor, wear a face mask to protect others in the waiting area.
- Wear a face mask before going near other people if you have flu symptoms.
- When you are ready to remove your mask, throw it away and wash your hands. Never reuse it.
- Masks are only effective when used with frequent hand-cleaning, make sure you wash your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or soap.
Face Mask Common Questions
Due to the effects of coronavirus, there has been an increase in the general public wearing face masks to prevent the spread of the disease. There are three common questions that we typically get asked and so we wanted to provide definitive answers to them all.
What is a disposable face mask?
In professional terms, a surgical face mask is simply a protective guard worn over the mouth and nose to act as a barrier between the respiratory system and infectious particles or droplets in the air. Often used during surgery, it can also be referred to as a medical mask, face mask or respirator mask, however its purpose always remains the same.
The mask works by creating a barrier between the nose and mouth of the wearer and the immediate environment which surrounds them, to prevent droplets from their mouth or nose from reaching another individual.
Will a disposable face mask help me during coronavirus?
A surgical mask is an effective way of keeping others protected during the COVID-19 epidemic. This is because they are designed to create a barrier between the mouth and nose and the surrounding environment to ultimately prevent infectious particles from spreading in the air from one human being to another.
What is a disposable face mask made from?
Most surgical-style disposable face masks are made with a 3 ply design, which is essentially 3 separate materials that fit loosely around the front of the face, covering the nose and mouth. They normally tie around the back of the head with an ear loop system and are generally rectangle in shape. Surgical face masks are disposable so that they can be safely disposed after use.